- July 15, 2015
A nautical theme party is perfect for the summer season! Here are tons of ideas to get you inspired to host your very own ‘beach’ party.
1. Who wouldn’t be excited to receive their very own personalized sailor hat? Chick A Bug displays these adorable hats inside a mini boat to give even more of a nautical vibe.
2. A sailboat garland is a MUST when it comes to decorating for a nautical themed party. This DIY Garland is easy to create with a step by step tutorial from Bee Inspired. Now all you will have to decide is what color you want your sailboats to be!
3. These adorable Buoy Paper Lanterns really make a statement hanging on a door or wall! The Party Dress offers a guide on how to create these lanterns with very few supplies.
4. Who would have thought that a sailor knot was so easy to tie?? Project Wedding demonstrates just how easy it is to create these sailor knot napkins holders.
5. Textured rope place mats are a great way to add a nautical touch to any table! Tara Dennis shows how to create these mats with some supplies and an afternoon of crafting. These can be used just for this party or for everyday use at your dinner table.
6. Here is another great use of paper lanterns—Jellyfish Lanterns! Make Life Lovely demonstrates how to create the ‘tentacles’ with a clear plastic tablecloth that you most likely will already have with the rest of your party supplies!
7. Do you remember making these salt dough creations when you or your kids were young? Well it’s the perfect recipe to create nautical decorations to place around tables and centerpieces. Birds Party offers plenty of tips to create these nautical decorations on her blog.
1. Don’t these cookies look absolutely scrumptious? Delicious Inspiration provides the recipe to replicate these Sand Dollar Cookies that will be sure to delight all your guests!
2. Making your own sand and sea glass is much easier than you may think! Make Life Lovely made her ‘sand’ by mixing brown sugar and graham crackers. The edible sea glass has that ‘worn’ look by rubbing powdered sugar on it. Who would have thought!
3. For a healthy nautical snack, Frosted Petticoat slices cantaloupe and uses wooden dowels and some tape to create mini sail boats! The cantaloupe is the perfect size to munch on and ties the whole theme together nicely!
4. While you’re making that DIY sailboat garland, make several extra boats to use as bowls for snacks! All Is Well At Home fills her boats up with goldfish, but they can be filled with any type of snack!
5. For dessert, these Sailboat Cupcakes will make a huge splash. By simply threading strips of paper on thin kabob sticks you can turn your cupcakes into miniature ships in no time!
1. A great idea for a party favor is salt water taffy! When you’re on your next trip to the beach, stop by your local salt water taffy shop and pick up a couple bags. Add a thank you tag, like HWTM to show all your guests how grateful you are that they came!
2. If you think your guests will be too stuffed from all that delicious food, then a message in a bottle party favor may be the way to go! Living Well Spending Less adds sweet, inspirational messages to each bottle for her guests to take home at the end of the night.
All these ideas have gotten us craving a day at the beach and some salt water taffy! Now get to planning that nautical party and getting your guest list finalized!