- April 09, 2015
Choosing a single color and spreading it throughout a room can create a dramatic and sophisticated space. Here are just a few rooms that have inspired us to try out the monochromatic theme in our homes!
top to bottom, left to right:
1. By incorporating a grey, dusty color it provides a sense of calmness, which a bedroom absolutely should give off! Chatelaine gives great tips on how to create a calming space.
2. Brit Co believes that one of the easiest ways to make a statement in your home is by using Red and LOTS of it! This bookcase is certainly a conversation starter!
3. This purple room via Brabourne Farm, simply screams luxury doesn’t it? By incorporating a powerful paint color and unique furniture, this room has a sense of royalty to it.
4. Yellow is the happiest shade, which brings thoughts of sunshine and cheerfulness. House And Garden Co shows off a room in Hotel de Russie in Rome, to give us some citrus inspiration.
5. Pop Sugar displays a great DIY Project (framed fabric art), along with a stunning blue room. Blue increases productivity, which will help a lot when you’re working on that DIY project!
We hope that these colorful spaces have given you the motivation to create a monochromatic space somewhere in your home. We are sure it will become your favorite room of the house!
Have a lovely weekend!